Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Watermelon anyone?

I stopped at the Amish Farmer's Market yesterday and picked up some watermelon - just sounded good on a hot summer day. And my massage therapist said that it tasted great with mint so I wanted to try that.

So with our dinner last night I cut up some watermelon and some fresh mint that we had, tossed, and enjoyed! The mint really does add a nice complementary flavor.

I'd love to hear about any healthy summer recipes anyone else has to help cool off as the summer days heat up!

Enjoy your Friday and Choose Healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful.
    My sister is having a large event catered in Charleston and one of the dishes is Watermelon Salad with feta and Purple Basil.
    Interesting that in 60+ years I have never heard of doing this and then hear about combining watermelon with herbs twice in one day!

    ReplyDelete