Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Friday, June 12, 2009

In My Back Yard - Misty Hollow

Dear Friends,

Gerri's haiku reminded me...


My best friend from high school, Sally Brenner (Hammerman), and her husband Jim, own a farm and CSA near Philadelphia. We grew up near there, Sally and I. When it was time for us to head off to college, Sally went to Bennington and I headed out to the Ohio Valley to Wilmington College. Fast forward>>>> today, Sally and her husband Jim own and sponsor a CSA from their beautiful farm near where we grew up; the url is listed here

http://www.imbymistyhollow.com/

The Green Man adorns their site, and all the vegetables, fruit, and assorted good things that happen at In My Back Yard are organic and healthy. For a season, Sally drove to our house once a week, took classes at Tai Sophia in preparation for the Master's Degree in Herbal Healing, and drove back the same night. A professor in Nursing at Jefferson Med School, she really didn't need the additional degree, so she and Jim decided to concentrate solely upon community needs and educating others about healthy and vital, nutritional and delicious bounty from the garden. Each week during summer, there's a workshop of one kind or another for those who have an interest in being part of this awesome community action. Check out their website AND their blog for delicious and healthy recipes, ideas, and ways to widen your knowlege base.

Anyone feel like a field trip up to IMBY Misty Hollow? They would love having us, and I'd love introducing you to them/the farm. It's a 2 hour drive from my house.

Green and growing,

Prue

1 comment:

  1. Prue, this is a great post and such a lovely invitation but I checked my calendar and I don't have a half day open anytime soon. :-(
    Love, San

    ReplyDelete