Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Abundant Healthy Living - So Glad We're In This Together

I do love starting a new 6 week session - it's wiping the slate clean, it's letting go of any past 'transgressions.' It's about new beginnings, looking forward, living NOW in the best way possible.

I continue to remind myself that small shifts continually applied make a huge difference.

This really was evident for me on Sunday when Mark and I went over his sister's house for a Father's Day cookout. Hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and more. I had a hamburger with cheese, no bun, I only had a little potato salad, and the only dish I did seconds on was the marinated fresh veggies (cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms), and then only a small amount of the dessert. It was enough.

I focused more on the conversation than the food and felt great about the day. I know that I didn't suddenly become this healthy fit person - and believe me I still find myself falling into old patterns - but I know that each time I faced a social situation where there was lots of food, I gradually made changes to handle it better. Some of the time I did great. Others, not so good. The key was that I didn't dwell on when I was 'weak', and approached each new situation as a fresh start.

Thank You Tee for your words at the end of our call - your words about this program giving you grace were so right on - it does feel that way. Thank you for this inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment