Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

It works! It really does!

Yesterday, we climbed on our bikes after a busy day working outside in the garden, delivering products to a few --- busy busy day. Starting an exercise project when heat of the day was at its height was questionable wisdom, at best, but we were determined. Did we choose a flat 3 miles? No-o-o-o. Steep hills down.... steep hills up. Felt good on the way down to hear the wind whistle in my ears. Then up we go, steep incline for almost a mile. I was hot, tired, and --- not in the best biking shape (Mindy Ziffren Hall I'm not... not yet), but I said to myself "Ten more feet, ten more feet", then again "ten more feet, ten more feet..." and we made it to the top of the hill. Around the circle, down the hill by the high school, across the road from the pond, and then....the last 50 feet - another hill. By this time, I was almost out of breath. But I remembered, one more, just one more hill. And we did it. Three miles of bike, steep hills down, steep hills up. It felt so good to accomplish "just one more" with you, my partners. It works!! Did some stretches and deep bends, did some yoga this morning, and I have am not sore! Seasource Gelee is my friend! Awesome feeling when completed! More biking coming up this week, but this time wisdom says, try the flat surfaces first, then break in to the inclines gradually.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like wonderful fun!! Thanks for sharing with us Prue. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Prue! All those hills. And so glad you were prepared with the SeaSource Gelee for afterwards too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Prue - great work... XO Tee

    ReplyDelete