Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Scheduling in Self Care

I love Betty's post. It really is important for us to schedule in the things that make us feel good and that serve us. We often think of these as the flexible part of our 'to do' list. When, in reality, they should be a priority and therefore merit a line in our planner - a commitment.

I also know it's easier said than done! I'm starting to put more things on my calendar that I want to take time for. It's easy to schedule my walks with San, but I don't put the same emphasis on my exercise/movement time on the other days. When the commitment is to ME, then I should write these things down too!

That doesn't mean that things don't come up and that sometimes I may have to reschedule. The key is to set another time rather than writing it off altogether.

So what can you schedule with yourself? Is it time to exercise, to walk, to journal, to do some activity that brings you joy. Think of the things in your life that you MISS doing, and write them on your calendar. ReCommit to YOU!

1 comment:

  1. For me, it will be journaling. It feeds my soul to write my inner most thoughts and mull them over. I have had times in my life that I was great about journaling and yet when I get busy it is one of the first things I let go of. So, I recommit to journaling ... aiming for daily but will feel very blessed by and happy with a few times a week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete