Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'llness or We'llness

I went to an Open House yesterday at the TAI Sophia Institute just south of Columbia MD. I do love the energy and philosophy and people in this place. I was learning about some of their new Masters Certificate programs. One of the breakout sessions was on their Transformative Leadership track. I've always felt so many overlapping principles here with what I have with Arbonne and especially what we have created with Abundant Healthy Living.

Anne, the Director of the program, was sharing an insight from one of the students in her current program. And she wrote two words on the board.

I'llness and We'llness

Talk about a lightbulb going off. I got chills. Wellness is more than just us, as individuals, making better choices. It is about community, love, support and so much more. Our wellness journey is about WE. Our power to change, to recommit, to believe we deserve to be healthy, is enhanced and expanded by being on this road together. When we isolate ourselves, when we think we can go it alone, that's when we create an opening for i'llness.

This moment yesterday expanded my gratitude for all of you, for what we are doing together, for a healthier NOW and a healthier future that opens up new possibilities for each of us.

Loving you even more today than ever - Gerri

3 comments:

  1. Right on point, Gerri. All I can say is WOW, I have chills too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chills as well. Such a profound observation. I am Blessed by our community of AHL Members. Talk to everyone on Tuesday night.
    Love, San

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this, Gerri. I do so understand why you love it at TAI Sophia, and how they integrate, with such grace, the community at large. The world is our community. Right on!

    ReplyDelete