Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

8 Week Committment & Healthy Choices

Hello AHL'ers! Happy Saturday. I tuned back into the AHL principles 1/2/10 @ 203.2 lbs. I am pleased to say that I checked in today @ 196.6, with a near 7 lb. loss. Over the past two weeks I have increased my activity level and have exercised 3 to 4 times per week. I have increased my water tremendously..I think I'm floating. I've been taking my vitamins again. And, I have increased my awareness of what is going in my body and what effect it will have - i.e. will it move me toward my goal or keep me from my goal and from the changes I so desire.

This past week I have made some great choices. When I come home from work I am usually a bear . I was so stressed at work that it was literally killing me. I'd come home and drink wine, then eat snacks and then go to bed. Bad choices. I am so grateful for the leaders of this program! Because of their healthy examples, and being fed up with not reaching my goals, I have decided to take care of myself. My good choices this week have been diversions for jaws - and rather than wine or sugary food or other poison for my body, I chose a bath and cup of hot tea. After the bath I was so relaxed and forgot about the poisonous desires. These choices created positive brain chemistry, as our program teaches. They also fostered the positive reinforcement of success. I successfuly walked away from what I would naturally choose. Last night I was at my aunt's house and I love her brownies. Of course, she had a freshly made batch. I looked at them and convinced myself they were poison and that I would have something else when I got home. It worked :D I came home and forgot about the brownies and also about the urge for a "treat".

Here's what I am committing to for the next 8 weeks.

- I will exercise 4 times per week.
- I will listen to the recording on Saturday morning so I get a double dose of the AHL principles. (While I'm listening, I'll be on the elliptical trainer.) I will also be listening on Monday night.
- I will pause before eating and drinking something and be aware of what it does for my body - fuel or poison.
- I will take care of me - drinking my water, reducing stress, taking vitamins, getting regular chiropractic adjustments.
- I will loose 10 pounds by the completion of this session. (186.6)
- I will post my weight weekly and share my accomplishments for the week.
- I will set realistic goals, and once again believe in me.

Over the years I have beat myself up for not reaching my goals. And by setting my goals over the top and continually falling short, I was programmed for failure. I like how we are striving to enjoy the journey. San, while I too would like to be a size 8, now I am making daily positive choices toward health and wellbeing. I now feel good. I like feeling good. I like myself (A little Michael Clouse here..LOL)

Thank you once again, for allowing me to be on this journey with each of you.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Tina, you are ALL in! Wonderful!
    Together we will reach our goal. You know that tea and a bath are two of my favorite self care
    things. I am so happy to have you as part of AHL! I am just about to work on Monday evening's call and your post has inspired me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very inspired by all the wonderful and realistic goals that you have set. By committing and writing them on this blog, it strengthens your your personal choices and makes them a reality. Keep us posted about your continued progress and it will transfer to all of us!!

    -Myra

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all Vanilla Shake Lovers- I tried (thanks to Geri) a ready-made vanilla protein shake. I LOVED IT!! So, I will now go on the website to order my supply. I think that I may use them after work in the evenings with some fruit for dinner. Sometimes my evenings are long and when I get home from work unhealthy things (and too much of them) turn out to be dinner. I think a proten shake with fruit would suit me better. Comments, please.

    -myra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra,
    Arbonne recommends supplementing no more than two meals a day with the shake. So as long as your lunch or breakfast is healthy lean protein and veggies this could help you break the habit. I used to do the same thing and found that preplanning and prepping the evening meal made it easier to stick to my intention. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina - an Inspiring Post and Congrats on saying goodbye to 7 pounds already! I love your activity goals - keep your focus there and you WILL see a difference in your body.

    And wonderful comments as well! This is what brings our blog alive and helps us to be alive and aware to how we are in this world.

    Thank you everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all for the encouragement. Myra, I get my shakes tomorrow, so I cannot wait either. One word I would like to add, don't run out. That's what I did recently and it's hard to press on without the wonderful tools which Arbonne provides. So for me, I'm not going to be without my shakes, fizzie tabs, and ggg supplement anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that great commercial, Tina! I agree and I stay one ahead on all the Figure 8 products because it's much more difficult without the Arbonne products to support us.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my order :D OMGosh, the ready made shakes are fabulous. I never want to run out of products again!!

    ReplyDelete