Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Two Days! Pound Gone!

Hello, my friends. Well, into the 2nd day at NTC and after listening to so many teach me so much, I realized (thanks to Gerri) that I hadn't been giving breakfast the honor it deserves. It's the essential meal. Well, I knew I hadn't been eating breakfast, but - to skip that meal is a real mistake. What I noticed by snacking on healthy foods when hungry at NTC and not waiting until VERY hungry and then perhaps eating TOO much, my hunger abated. I did get very hungry for protein and resolved that by having an omelette. Then got hungry for BIG protein and resolved that by eating meat for dinner. Delicious, delectable free range chicken prepared just so. Nothing could have surprised me more when I got on the scale this morning and realized that 3 pounds are gone. Walking, eating with sensibility, and not waiting until famished ... helps me to utilize the program we are embracing with more sensibility. And the surprise. Looking forward to hearing you all on the next call. FYI - have a dinner one on one later this afternoon, so may be late. But know I'll call as soon as I get home.

2 comments:

  1. What GREAT news Prue!!! Isn't it empowering to know that you can be on a trip and still come back having lost weight! And it's not that hard to do with AHL principles to draw from.

    Loved rooming with you at NTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, I came home two pounds lighter than when I left home.
    My old M.O. would have said, it's OK to indulge because of the stress of our schedule. I stayed hydrated with lots of water and engergized with Fizzy Tabs. Plus thanks to Gerri, I always took the stairs and I swear the stairs made the difference!

    ReplyDelete