Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The First Surprise!

I have a weakness for strawberry milkshakes.... or at least, I had one. This morning I discovered the best substitute! 8 oz. lo fat milk, 2 scoops vanilla protein shake, 1 scoop fiber, 5 strawberries, ice cubes, whip and pour. YUM! Wait just a minute! Tastes better than those
pure cream frappes you pull away from Chick Fil A into a shady spot to drink before anyone sees ya. No way! Not for this serious berry slurper. Now it's a new me with protein and fiber sipping with a smile as I walk with Hogan. He gets his brisk morning exercise, I get mine, and we top it off with an better, healthier strawberry shake. It's the best. 1 pound down. Thanks for all contributions to the blog.... it is with this kind of support that we make it through each and every day.

3 comments:

  1. Prue, I love your post and I love your win!
    Yes, fresh or frozen strawberries are a wonderful addition to the vanilla shake.
    Don't you just love purposing to think in a Healthy and Fit way! THIS IS WHO WE ARE!!!!!!
    Love You, San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Prue! Thanks for setting a GREAT example for finding a Healthy Hit alternative. And as more fresh fruit comes into season, the options are endless!

    1 pound at a time - we don't get there any other way.

    So is Hogan one of your Empowerment Partners?
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I just bought my strawberries today. Thanks, Prue!!

    ReplyDelete