Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Morning Walks in Spring - Glorious!

Good Morning Everyone!

I treated myself this morning to a long walk in the neighborhood, about 4 miles. I love walking outdoors, especially in the Spring and Fall. Today it was about listening to the birds, enjoying all the daffodils and other Spring flowers and looking for other signs of Spring emerging. This is when daily walks fascinate me, seeing different trees in bloom or beginning to leaf out. Listening to a chorus of birdsong. Looking for that occassional hawk or big blue heron soar overhead.

I know that walking is good for me physically, but my outdoor walks fill my spirit just as much. I am so grateful to be able to get out and enjoy the beauty of nature. And my mind can go in whatever direction it wants. It's amazing what conversations I can have with myself (or not) on these walks!

May each of you do something today that is good for you in body and in spirit too!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful walk, Gerri! Thanks for sharing! I'm excited for my Mom's visit next weekend ... we're going to walk together all around my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful Gerri. Hardly even know you are working at being physical when it's so enjoyable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Gerri. It truly does lift your spirit to get out with nature and experience all there is in our beautiful world. 4 miles is awesome, too!

    I'm gonna find a park nearby to walk. My "neighborhood" is a dirt road - and I could REALLY be intuned to nature. LOL. Actually, there is a horse farm at the end of my road, and I love to watch horses.

    You inspire me Gerri!

    Lissa, enjoy your visit with Mom next week. I bet you are going to 'taste and savor every moment' and I know Maddy is ready to see Grammy too.

    xoxo Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete