Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Preparations begin

We're hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. There will be 7 of us. A nice size.

Mark and I are making all the core dishes. I picked up a turkey breast from the PA Dutch Farmers market that he will brine tonight. We're also in charge of the dressing, gravy and mashed potatoes and also a sweet potato casserole (which I prefer).

We'll have raw veggies with dip to start out while everything is in its final prep. That will be a nice healthy start. Our veggies will be roasted brussel sprouts (yummy!) and an onion and artichoke mix.
Then we'll end with pecan pie (not tempting for me since I don't like) and a no crust pumpkin.

So there are some potential jawz challenges. Mixed in with some healthy choices as well. I think all the gals are health conscious, so I may have takers for using a small plate, like Tee suggests.

I'm taking pointers from Betty about planning. I'm seeing what is going to be on the table and making sure I have my strategy in place. This will be the best way to enjoy, not only the meal, but the evening and day after as well.

This can be a wonderful day to celebrate being healthy and fit, even if that isn't your history. Your history does not make your present or your future, your choices do. So remember to make the best choices you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment