Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy to Return for Another 6 Weeks

AHL members:

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the last conference call for the last six week session. I had wanted to contribute my thoughts and experience on this important call and hear from others, but I had family matters which I had to take care of that night. I'd like to share a few comments here in lieu of the last session conference call. After many weeks of steady progress in recent months and an achievement award received earlier this summer for my demonstrated dedication to fitness training -- the last six weeks have been a roller coaster ride for me which tested me to the limit. And in the end I found out that I am simply human. Being the eldest in the family, sometimes the weight of family issues can fall on your shoulders. My father's badly declining health and devastating news that he has an abdominal aneurysm which cannot be fixed or removed and the fact that he can no longer drive literally threw my life into a tailspin. I became a chauffeur, assistant monitor of medications, overseer during medical appointments, etc., etc. , etc. I suddenly had unanticipated extra duties and deep anxiety over my father and mother. My focus and time went mostly to them and I was unable to juggle my perfectly planned regimen with what I was dealing with. But enough about my trials -- the good news is that while my exercise decreased and my stress levels resulted in some loss of good food choices and portion control over the past six weeks, the AHL principles have remain etched in my brain. The clouds are finally lifting a bit and I am prepared to get back to where I left off. The new session offers me a fresh opportunity to continue the practices I have previously benefited from. Some added family responsibilities & concern are still with me as is my company business and passion for interior design, however the challenge is to go with the flow and work around my responsibilities this time. This was not a derailment but a detour for me. I am determined to get back (and stay on) the same route with my AHL roadmap and will join you on the call tomorrow night ready to continue my journey, enjoy the ride and the benefits of abundant healthy living! I couldn't have a better navigation system.

With gratitude,
Betty

2 comments:

  1. Betty,

    You set an amazing example for the rest of us. This post was so inspiring. Life is full of detours (a much better word than derailment!). And there are things we learn on those detours as well that can strengthen and serve us. You are showing us just how much that is possible.

    Thank you for sharing and being a part of this program. We are better because of you!

    Love - Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, So good to hear from you, thank you for your update. Gerri is right, life is full of detours! With AHL principles we can navigate them in a way that serves as we get through them.
    I missed you and I am glad that you will be on tonight! Love, San

    ReplyDelete