Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finally made our Wild Rice & Celery Root Soup!

Day 15 of continuous blogging! Whoohoo! Like anything else, doing something regularly does make it easier to keep doing.

I'm going to keep this post easy though.

If you look back through recent blogs, I posted one on a Wild Rice and Celery Root soup. I must admit, I never knew that you could use celery root in cooking before. I have to say, this turned out delicious!

I think one of the secrets of this is taking a cup or two of the stock with the chunks of leek, celery root and carrots and puree them in a blender. When this is added back into the stock it makes the broth infinitely tastier and richer.

It's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment