Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

SNACKS that are FUEL!

Here's a list of foods the AHL crew uses to craze on. Lots of these foods are high in calories so you need to eat just enough to satisfy the need to chew or get the taste. I find the more I take my vitamins the less cravings I have between meals and I love Gerri's comment about being thirsty. Tee's chewing gum is interesting too. I used to eat so much while I prepared a meal and found if I chewed Dentene I couldn't pop food in my mouth! Please suggest your favorites to add to our list!

Almonds, Walnuts
Apples with natural peanut butter/almond butter
Arbonne Chews
Baby Bell cheeses
Baby carrots
Cup of Detox Tea or splurge on Chai
Dried Fruits
Hummus with carrots
Fig 8 Protein Bars I cut them into 1" cubes
Fizzy Tabs - sometimes it's really that I'm thirsty when I think I'm hungry
Frozen grapes - yummy in the summer
Fresh fruit
Greek Yogurt with Honey

Hard Boiled Egg
Protein, Lunch Meat, Chicken, Fish - I try to cook extra so there will be something in the fridge ready to eat
Peppermint sugar free gum
Prepared Veggies ... celery, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, cherry tomatoes

Rice cakes
Seeds such as Pepitas - roasted and shelled pumpkin seeds
Yogurt/small cups of yogurt - sprinkle w/granola if you need something crunchy
Water


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, AHL. I needed a refresher course. I ordered my chews, more protein and GGG supplement this morning. Going out to get some yummy, easy and accessible snacks today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for that healthy/fit grocery list - I can't wait to try the frozen grapes this summer for myself!

    ReplyDelete