Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mustard Greens Anyone?

We picked up our 1st Local Produce Marketbasket yesterday and one of the things in our selection was Red Mustard Greens. Hmmm. I'd heard of Mustard Greens but never had them. Tasted a leaf and POW - tasted like Dijon Mustard with a definite kick.

We started looking up info and recipes and discovered these greens are called 'spunky' - I've never heard of any kind of veggie called spunky, but this fits.

We'll definitely be making something with these in the next few days so I will keep you updated.

Other great items too - Bok Choi, Snow Pea Pods (crunchy and delicious!), Magic Thai Basil (I love fresh basil), Red Russian Kale and a Spring Lettuce Blend.

This definitely gives us strong incentive to explore wonderful recipe options with healthy ingredients!

2 comments:

  1. I have heard people eat mustard green with mild fish - balances the spunky! XO Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had mustard greens but now I am open to trying some. Let you know when I do.

    ReplyDelete