Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What's Great About This?

" I never fail at anything. I successfully find ways that don't work." - Thomas A. Edison

I saw this quote and thought of our principle of asking "What's Great About This?" Thomas Edison could find success in failure - now that's a pretty powerful use of this principle!

I know it's not always easy to ask this question and come up with an answer. Especially after a hard fall "off the wagon." Yet, each stumble teaches us something.

I know that this weekend with my family I did not do as well with my eating as I would have liked. And I did have a cookie every night that the hotel put out - it was so welcoming! Yet I also know that even though I ate more poison, it was still NOT as much as I would have in the past. I know that most of the food that we had over my mom's house for our cookout was a l0t healthier than it would have been in years past. And when it came to dessert, only a small slice, no seconds.

So what's great about my weekend is that I overindulged LESS. Mark and I took the stairs to our hotel room every day since it was on the 2nd floor - that was a no brainer. I had a wonderful walk on Sunday morning down by the riverfront and around a beautiful lake. We fit in a long walk on Sunday night and crossed the new pedestrian bridge that spans the Missouri. And we made other small, healthier shifts in our choices that I know are a result of Abundant Healthy Living.

I still have to get on the scale. Will do that tomorrow. I usually give myself 1 full day in focused healthy mode before I 'weigh in' after my trips!

No Exceptions!

Love - Gerri

2 comments:

  1. Inspirational - always. Love, tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that healthy mindset talk really resonates and warms me now. Thanks for the great post, Gerri. xoxo

    ReplyDelete