Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Don't let yourself get too hungry

...Like I did today...I'm usually pretty good about eating small amounts of mostly healthy fuel throughout the day. But, once in a while, I'm unprepared. Today was one of those days. I started out well with my hybrids and a shake. Then I was on the go. By the time I got home after 1 pm, I was very hungry and then went for the carbs. Not very satisfying in the end.

It happens to all of us, I'm sure! And it's a great reminder to me to be mindful about poison vs fuel and to be sure to have a backup plan. In the future, I will make it a point to pack some extra chews and maybe a protein bar. Nuts, or a healthy trail mix can also tide me over. And, of course, this is a great time to let go of any guilt and RECOMMIT!

I'd love to hear what any of you do that travels well without refrigeration!

May you all find the GirlScout in you and always be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment