Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Little Habit That Makes Exercise Easier

A tip from the RealAge e-zine I receive.

Rest your Mind before Exercising your Body. Research suggests that a tired mind means a tired body. Exercisers in a study had a harder time with their workouts if their brains were fatigued.

When men and women did tedious and time-intensive computer tasks before working out reported much more fatigue during their workout than when they relaxed in front of documentary films on relatively uncomplicated topics before working out.

------
I find this an interesting concept. I know I love my morning walks when my body and mind are relaxed and refreshed, not yet pulled in a million directions from a day's activities. Exercising after a long day has its own rewards, yet it does seem to take more for me to push thru the mental demands of the day. So, if you work out later in the day, you might want to try taking a little time to quiet and relax your mind first!

No comments:

Post a Comment