Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Great Free Online Fitness Advice & Tools

I had started last year to develop an online log/journal format for eating, exercise and organizing my fitness regimen. I now do not have to reinvent the wheel. I stumbled on a FREE online program and tool which is fabulous. There are easy to use journals, healthy eating advice yummy low-calorie recipies, and workout routines. Please visit the Glamour magazine website http://www.glamour.com/ and go to the Body By Glamour (BBG) link. This is a 12 week program, but I hope it will stay available on the website.

I registered for the Glamour Magazine website itself and then registered for the BBG Program, keyed in my profile information. and have been using the journals, monitoring my progress and getting all kinds of great information. You can set up your food "favorites" or search their food database and get a complete nutritional breakdown eg. calories, fat, protein and carbs you consume daily. Your cardio & strength journal lets you know how many calories you are burning per workout. This all has been great for assessing where I need to make changes or improvements.

This is my blog entry for the week and thank you very much for your kind words and good wishes for my mom. Betty Robinson

2 comments:

  1. hi Betty- I have not been able to do this glamour registration. Is it possible to email me a copy of this journal format template? let me know.

    thanks, myra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myra - I will send the link/invitation to sign up for program, not sure if I can email a copy of the journal format template. Betty

    ReplyDelete