Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Life is a Self Fulfilling Prophecy

This week’s Abundant Healthy Living Principle is that ‘Life is a Self Fulfilling Prophecy’,


You have heard it said many ways … ‘Thoughts Become Things, Choose Them Wisely, ‘What You Think About, You Bring About, and so on.

This principle is both empowering and overwhelming. On one hand, it is wonderful that we can steer our life in the direction we want. On the other, some people find it hard to accept that they are totally responsible for their own outcome!

The trick here is to think the right thoughts. If you are constantly thinking, saying or even feeling defeated about being over weight or sedentary you will continue to get more of the same. This principle is very closely tied to Healthy Fit Thinking precedes being Healthy and Fit so a great place to begin is with the list on the Mindset Tab above

Really listen to your self talk this week. Are you telling yourself the things that will create the vibrant, healthy YOU that you want to be? Awareness is a catalyst for change, so once you know what you are telling yourself, you can change your words to make them work for you!!


QUESTIONS FOR THE BLOG

  • What is most prominent statement that is alive and well and sending you in the wrong direction?
  • What is one thing you could do this week that would change, even a little bit, how you feel about yourself?
  • Tell us one action item you will make this week to change your thinking.


ABUNDANT HEALTHY LIVING ACTION

  • Ask a trusted friend or your partner if you are putting negative messages about yourself into the world. Ask them to share one with you.
  • Journal about the Abundant Healthy Fit lifestyle you see yourself living.

3 comments:

  1. This is truly a powerful concept. I know that for years I developed the 'I have a weight issue' mindset. Weight always went up and down with various diets, which only reinforced that thinking. Now, with Abundant Healthy Living, I know it's about lifestyle and mindset and not a temporary change in diet and exercise. Making the shift to believing I am a Healthy Fit Person started me on a much more empowering road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have trouble picking my most meaningful and most powerful Abundant Healthy Living principle but I think that Life is a Self Fulfilling Prophecy might just be it.
    And, I know it works because it has worked in other areas of my life.
    So ... I AM fit, firm, flexible and fabulously healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a late comment for the week's blog focus, but I carefully re-organized my at-home workout equipment, tapes, books, magazines, articles, etc. I did a little bit each day, because my week was hectic. This helped reinforce my personal strategies,priorities and program for abundant healthy living by having things accessible in an organized manner. It also reminded me of the wealth of information and different tools I have right on hand to help me reach my goals. This was actually an inspiring task.

    ReplyDelete