Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Friday, May 14, 2010

It would have been easy.....

Last night my husband brought all the fixins for banana splits with him on our visit to the grand-kids. It was a special day... school's almost out, results from the aptitude tests are back (woo hoo!) and the kids sense summer's almost here. They love Grampa. They love Thursday nights with the G-Parents. So imagine their surprise when they watched the bananas split from top to bottom, the strawberry ice cream, the cool whip, etc etc etc... they were overjoyed. I WAS overjoyed that they had so much fun. "Hey," he said, "Want one....?" "No thanks," I replied.. and meant it when I said - "I'm fine." And I was. I am.

There was a time when it would have been impossible for me to turn down a scoop of strawberry ice cream. Not so any more. Now that Abundant Healthy Living principles are part of my breathing, waking, thinking, choosing, I make choices without having to stretch to catch the ball. It felt good. Thank you Gerri, Tee, San, and all my AHL buddies for making it possible to make a healthy choice and not feel cheated.

Prue

No comments:

Post a Comment