Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Great shakes!

I’ve been having so much fun getting creative with my Arbonne Figure 8 protein shake recipes! I love them so much I want to share a few of my favorites with you. First, a little about the “shake-up” that got me started.

In April 2008 I was downsized out of my corporate job. Almost overnight, my already-crazy schedule got more jam-packed than ever. This huge change in my life meant that I now had to work more hours, at different kinds of jobs, just to keep up. With the stress plus the new time challenges, I found myself grabbing quick, unhealthy foods that I could eat on the run. Needless to say, I gained about 10 pounds within just a few months—on top of the extra weight I was already carrying.

Fast forward to July 2009. That’s when Arbonne entered my life.

The Figure 8 protein shake mixes were an answered prayer. Here was something quick, filling, and delicious, that I could even eat on the run. I included a Figure 8 set in chocolate on my very first order… and the vanilla flavor on my next one. That’s when I really started to play around with “meal in a glass” variations on the basic protein shake theme!

After a little more than two months, I’ve already lost the weight I gained—without being “on a diet”—AND I'm back into clothes I haven’t fit into in 5 years. I use these shakes almost every day, eat healthy at my other meals, and vary my exercise routines to keep it interesting.

My schedule’s still complicated, but eating on the run is easy, tasty, AND healthy now—thanks to the Arbonne “Great Shakes”! Just pour one into a tall, frosted glass and enjoy!


“Apple Pie a la Mode” Shake
  • 1 cup skim or lowfat milk (or, you can use part milk and part apple-flavor nonfat yogurt, for a thicker shake)
  • 1 small to medium apple, washed, with peel on (for the fiber & nutrients), cored and cut into 1” chunks (OR substitute ½ cup unsweetened applesauce)
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
  • 2 scoops Arbonne Figure 8 vanilla shake mix

Add ingredients to blender in order shown and blend thoroughly. You can also add a half-cup or so of crushed ice for a thicker shake, if you like (optional). Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serves 1.


“Orange Dreamsicle” Shake
  • 1 cup skim or lowfat milk (or, part milk and part orange-flavor nonfat yogurt)
  • ½ to ¾ cup orange juice, frozen into small cubes in an ice cube tray
  • 2 scoops Arbonne Figure 8 vanilla shake mix
Add to blender in order shown and blend thoroughly. Garnish with an orange slice or mint sprig. Serves 1.



Chocolate Raspberry Shake
  • 1 cup water or skim/lowfat milk, your choice
  • 1 6-oz container nonfat raspberry yogurt
  • ½ cup raspberries, unsweetened, fresh or frozen (optional)
  • 2 scoops Arbonne Figure 8 chocolate shake mix
Add to blender in order shown and blend thoroughly. You can also add a half-cup or so of crushed ice for a thicker shake, if you like. Garnish with a mint sprig. Serves 1.


Basic Fruit Shake
  • 1 cup skim or lowfat milk
  • ½ to ¾ cup crushed ice
  • ½ to 1 cup frozen unsweetened fruit of your choice (peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, dark sweet cherries – or mix and match)
  • 2 scoops Arbonne Figure 8 vanilla shake mix
Add to blender in order shown and blend thoroughly. Garnish with a sprig of mint or slice of fruit. Serves 1.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Dana! First and foremost - CONGRATULATIONS on your success so far. Isn't it amazing that when your focus is on being a healthy fit person and making choices that fit that mindset, that your weight naturally begins to adjust! I am so, so proud of you!

    And I love your shake options - Being creative with the healthy base that Arbonne gives us is just one way to spice up our lives!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dana! These are fantastic! Thank you soooo much for posting these wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, These sound great. One suggestion is that adding the fiber booster helps you loose weight as well and makes the shakes so filling!
    Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try an apple in my next shake!

    ReplyDelete