Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

FALLING OFF THE WAGON!

This principle addresses the fact that on our journey to Abundant Healthy Living we will have times when we 'fall off the wagon' or get off track. Usually for me it happens when I travel whether it is for business or pleasure. I am sure that some of us are in vacation mode right now.

Giving ourselves some grace is our approach and as with all of the Abundant Healthy Living principles this approach is empowering because it teaches us ...

  • To NOT to beat ourselves up
  • To acknowledge that it is normal behavior
  • To reassess our progress
  • To make a new goal and commitment
  • To get back to the choices that ultimately serve us.
Choose this approach rather than going down that dark road of giving up, thinking you are weak, thinking you have failed or thinking you can't continue where you left off. Know that all that happened was that you had a bad day or a bad week. No biggie! Think about what you can do to get right back to all the wonderful healthy choices and actions that you know how to do.
QUESTIONS FOR THE BLOG
  • Think about how your summer is going and ask yourself if you have 'fallen of the wagon' in any area? By sharing your situation on the Blog you can inspire your AHL Team and get yourself back on track.
  • What have you done to take advantage of summer?
  • What one thing do you want to put at the top of your list as we head into the end of summer?
ABUNDANT HEALTHY LIVING ACTION
  • Set a new measurable goal to meet by August 31st!

4 comments:

  1. I believe i talked about gaining 3 lbs last week. I was visiting a friend and that is how all started because i was making exceptions. ANYHOW, It is very timely San has posted about falling off. well i did fall off last week but i am on track now.. Got on Detox this week. I have lost my 3 lbs i have gained. I am staying on track by taking time to put cardio and lifting weight this week.
    One thing i would like to do before summer ends. hmmm... i would like to do more outdoor activities, grill- Vegetables :) more, lose couple more pounds and spend more time with my family and friends. Thank You San.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I head into the end of summer at the top of my list are maintaining consistency, commitment and focus. I've had a good summer marked by new experiences mixed with some challenges and obstacles presented. I've added two new tools in my fitness bag - yoga and recently Zumba 2 nights a week (latin inspired dance movement and a great calorie burner.) My goal of maintaining a fitness regimen which includes cardio,(Zumba & walking), strength training (3x weekly at home for 20 minutes) & flexibility (Yoga class & routines) is now a reality. I have continued to lose weight this summer. My progress is the result of using better portion control, being less stressed- one benefit of my Yoga practice, and maintaining a good variety of cardio activities. I recently added some great dancing & fun with Zumba. A measureable goal by August 31st is increasing my daily water intake. The goal is no less than 64 oz per day. I use the beautiful tall blue Arbonne Seasource Detox water bottle which holds 32 oz.

    In the book Zen and the Art of Happiness the author Chris Prentiss states "in order to get the benefit from the obstacles, face and overcome them rather than turning away from them and giving up." In the book he also expressed that obstacles are necessary to strengthen our greatest area of weakness.

    Quote:
    "I am meant to rise to great heights. Obstacles are in my life, not to destroy me, but to allow me to rise to my highest self. It is in the depth of despair that I am given the opportunity to meet my highest self.

    I rise above my obstacles today."
    Althea Wills-Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty - you are in such a good place in your Abundant Healthy Living journey. And it's even more amazing knowing what challenges you must juggle. This shows unshakable commitment to your health and wellness. Your example is like an outstretched arm to those who have fallen off the wagon, giving them a helping hand to get back on, knowing that they are not alone and that it can be done, even in the face of what appear to be obstacles.

    You truly inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri - Thank you and I must say at the beginning of my current journey what inspired me and continues to inspire me are the Abundant Healthy Living philosophy and members. My mindset and attitude regarding healthy living will forever be changed because of AHL. Gerri -you first invited me to join the AHL group. The conference calls and now the blog have been the anchor which helps to keep me focused. I eagerly look forward to the message and comments each week. I have learned so much and been motivated and at times comforted. I applaud you and the other AHL members and thank you once again. There will always be a special place in my heart and mind for you all. We are really marching forward with strength as a team, supporting one another and cheering each other on. I send out one big hug today to my AHL sisters. I look forward to the future with more confidence, happiness and a special peace of mind because of you.

    ReplyDelete