Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Howdy Partners!

“Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends. “

The Beatles always seem to have a lyric to compliment just about anything you need/want to discuss. I thought this line from Sgt. Peppers was perfect to open a discussion about Empowerment Partners.

One of the most powerful aspects of the Abundant Healthy Living Program is the fact that you are not in it alone. A community of like – minded people makes working toward any goal easier. Empowerment Partners takes community to a whole new level.

When a community of people empowers you – it serves to shore up your own foundation. The power of many strengthens your quest to achieve and abundant healthy lifestyle. When you have partners it connotes a vested rather than a casual interest in your success. Empowerment Partners.

Your challenge may mirror mine and I draw strength from you. We may experience very similar successes and goals achieved. When we support each other and add our own success and challenges to the experience, what results in a richer learning environment and a stronger desire for personal and group success.

QUESTIONS FOR THE BLOG

- Think about a time where you attempted to accomplish a goal alone. Were you successful? How did it feel?
- Now think about something you attempted as part of supportive community or with a partner? How was that experience different?

ABUNDANT HEALTHY LIVING ACTION

- This week pay attention to the different aspects of your life. When do you feel most supported? Why? How can you replicate that across multiple areas of you life? How can you make having Empowerment Partners standard in your life?

6 comments:

  1. I would not have made the progress throughout my life and on so many fronts without the help and support of friends and empowerment partners along the way. There is also strength in achieving goals as part of a supportive community, because everyone is contributing their knowledge, skills and talents. On a smaller level, I believe that support and empowerment should be a two-way street. There is a feeling of joy to achieve success and reach a goal and celebrate with those who helped you get there. But there is also a special joy in helping other folks too and cheering them on as they reach their goals or face challenges. In life, I don't believe it should always be about me and my goals. There's a balance here that's important. I've found time and time again that success is that much sweeter when you've also reached out to help someone else with your support or knowledge as they try to reach their goals. When you give good Karma and your talents or gifts to others, it always comes back to you in some way. Having empowerment partners and empowering others (when possible)has made my life much more fulfilling and joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee - what an absolutely wonderful post - great questions for the blog. And I LOVE how you fit in the Word from Our Sponsor - brilliant and true!

    And Betty - as always, wise words can always be found in what you share.

    And these are just TWO examples of how being empowerment partners works! When we post, and when we comment, it really is in faith, not knowing who is going to read it, what they will get out of it. Simply sharing creates the possibility for connection, for that ripple of support and encouragement that can grow beyond any known borders.

    I know that it was our pre-AHL work with Mark - with my initial group of Empowerment Partners - that I made my breakthrough to embrace the healthy me and donate my unnecessary weight. And I can tell you, the belief, encouragement and friendship I felt along the way was much sweeter than any dessert! This is what San, Tee and I want to pass on - all of us are capable of empowering, supporting and inspiring others and in the process we find that it rubs off on us as well.

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty and Gerri - Always inspired by you. You are both true examples of Empowerment Partners. Love, Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, It is all true what all of you had to say. I know for me i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for empowerment partners and friends along the way. I used to feel like i was alone and miserable. if i wanted anything done it was all up to me. that felt very heavy on my shoulder and i reacted instead of act. Well not anymore, because on my journey i have gotten help from my friend that help me with many doors open inside of me. I am now more open than ever and enjoying the life i live because after all it is the choices i make how i live my life. AHL is one of the ways i choose to live my life healthier and with joy. I thank San, Gerri and Tee everyday for having this opportunity to be part of you. Today, i feel so much empowered knowing i can do anything with a friend. Tee, Thank you for this post. Betty and Gerri, thank you for sharing your insights and your journey. Love you all, Yonghee
    Gerri, thank you for taking your time out to help me to post without a glitch!! You are wonderFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yonghee - I am so glad we were able to figure out how to get you the right access so you could contribute again. I love hearing from you because I know it is always with a wide open heart.

    Sharing matters. Listening matters. And I am grateful that we have Abundant Healthy Living as one avenue for us to do both. Life is so much richer because of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a note to say I will be away July 2 - 11, but will return blogging the week of the 12th.
    Wishing everyone a happy, healthy July 4th! Here a few healthy wheatgrass recipes you may wish to try sometime. It is best to use a high speed blender when preparing a wheatgrass smoothie. Hugs, Betty

    Purple Wheatgrass
    Blend well:
    2 cups fresh-cut wheatgrass (chop into pieces)
    1 banana
    (slice a few bananas into rounds & freeze rounds. Use amount needed for smoothies, works like ice cubes and keeps smoothie cold)

    2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
    2 cups chilled water
    1 peach
    Yields 1.5 quarts

    Wheatgrass Chowder
    Blend well:
    1 cup fresh-cut wheatgrass (chopped)
    2 stalks (ribs) celery
    ½ avocado (without seed and peel)
    1 lime (peeled)
    2 cups water
    1 hot pepper (optional)
    Yields 1.5 quarts
    Serve in a bowl, sprinkle with sprouts and seaweed.

    Cream of Wheatgrass
    Blend well:
    2 cups fresh-cut wheatgrass
    1 banana
    1 Mango
    1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
    1 sprig of mint (optional)
    2 cups chilled water
    Yields 1.5 quarts

    ReplyDelete