Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A TRADE SECRET ... SLEEP!

I love the really simple TRADE SECRETS that the Abundant Healthy Living partners have found.
Did you know that getting enough sleep can actually help you reach your desired weight?!

Turns out that we need a minimum of 7.5 hours to produce the right hormone that helps us lose weight. See the complete article by following the link and Happy Sleeping!

www.glamour.com/magazine/2009/02/lose-weight-while-you-sleep

QUESTIONS FOR THE BLOG:
Do you currently get enough sleep? How many hours is right for you?
What is the one thing you could change to get better sleep?
Are you willing to make adjustments here to reach your wellness goal?

ABUNDANT HEALTHY LIVING ACTIONS:
Determine if you need to add activities to help you transition to sleep.
Make a list of actions that might help you. Here are some suggestions ... prayer, meditation, journaling, stretching, a warm bath, a light snack, reading a chapter in a book, etc.
Will you commit to doing them for one week?

2 comments:

  1. Great post San! Plenty of rest has been the key to my emergence from my funk and to my weight loss these last two months. We need to remember to honor our need for rest and rejuvenation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly. Plenty good rest has great benefits. I usually have very soft music on everynight and it helps me to sleep better. My routine is warm shower or bath, followed by rubdown of calming body lotion/aromatherapy scent that I like. I also read a chapter or article before getting to sleep. After that I'm ready for pleasant dreams.

    ReplyDelete