Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Keeping Your Word ... to YOURSELF!

Keeping Your Word to Yourself
This Abundant Healthy Living Principle was a real 'eye opener' for me. While I pride myself in keeping my word to others, I was constantly letting my self off the hook for commitments that I made to myself.


When you keep your word or as coach extraordinaire, Mark Fournier, likes to say when you be your word you begin to trust yourself more, rely on yourself more and create different results in your life.

Best Selling Author, Robert Kiyosaki says we each have a winner and a loser inside of us. Who are you going to let run your life? If your loser wakes up in the morning and says you can skip exercise today, you roll over and go back to sleep and let yourself off the hook. What happens is that your self esteem goes down a notch. It's nothing huge but a continual pattern of these actions and you won't have any faith in your ability to follow through.

Start keeping track of your promises, commitments, intentions. when making them, catch yourself and make sure that are really attainable and then do your best to follow through.

Acknowledge and celebrate when you keep your word to yourself. Strengthen the muscle and soon you will notice that you have a new attitude about yourself.




QUESTIONS FOR THE BLOG
What area of your life do you allow yourself the most do-overs?
What do you think will change if you begin to keep your word to YOU?

ABUNDANT HEALTHY LIVING ACTIONS
Take one day this week and honor yourself by keeping your word to all of your intentions.

2 comments:

  1. Although I've been pretty good with commitments to myself in recent months, the one area where I find myself recommitting the most often has to do with food. When I do not honor commitments about food portions or food selections this does not support the goals I am trying to reach and maintain. I am committed to working harder at not having to "do-over".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, I like your commitment to not having as many "Do-overs"! One we could all embrace for sure.
    For me, it is more around exercise. I tell myself, this is my plan and expect it to be a life long practice. I think instead I should get real and understand that what I enjoy and make time for is going to change. Right now, Yoga is calling me back and I must investigate a class and make it happen!

    ReplyDelete