Remember to post as a COMMENT under the Main Post for the week. This is a wonderful way to see how the weekly theme connects us as a community.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Quinoa - Finally tried it!

I know San has talked about this healthy grain before and I've been curious to try it.   Well, I finally did and on guests as well!  Isn't that brave of me.  :-)

We had cornish hens, fresh steamed asparagus and quinoa with toasted pinenuts, scallions and fresh basil.   Nice, nice combination.   I must admit, I did drizzle some of the 'juice' from the cornish hens on top of the quinoa for a little extra flavor.   All in all, it was a great meal.   I was impressed by the high fiber AND high protein content in this grain.   Definitely has high nutritional quality.  I'd recommend this to anyone who has not yet tried this.

I consider this a successful first experience and look forward to incorporating this more often into future meals now!

No comments:

Post a Comment